Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A formal thank you

The security is almost… unnerving. Something so wonderful, so unexplainably foreign, that I’m reaching out to touch it - but it doesn’t go anywhere. It’s just as soft as it looks. No, no, no; softer. It’s touching my face, it’s following me, it’s hidden in my innermost thoughts. I’m satisfied, I’m uplifted, I’m radiating everything I’ve ever begged to feel. 
"Every cell in our entire body is replaced every seven years. One day, I will have a body that you have never touched." 
A newborn, a blank sheet of paper, a young woman. A beautiful, talented young woman, looking for recognition. That’s all she ever wanted: to be recognized, and appreciated
Colors are vivid, sunshine is bright, and kisses are sweet. You’ll never know how much you hurt me - but in the end, I want to thank you. You may have a slight idea of how much damage you did; but you’ll never have any clue about how much you really helped me. 

You made me realize my own worth. You made me realize everything I’ve ever hated in a person - everything I never want to see in another human being. And most importantly, you helped me learn what exactly love is - and certainly what it is not

No comments:

Post a Comment